User:MarkTraceur/Tech tree idea
NakedFury and I are brainstorming about a tech tree mod.
Make crafting more interesting and varied.
Use blueprints (copiable with paper), some kind of research bench (with the capacity to use up resources over time and produce a result once enough have been consumed), and large amounts of resources to progress the technology in the game. You need a blueprint to craft more high-tech things. Maybe use a special craft bench to allow this kind of crafting? (what about factories?)
The crafting method will probably be like so:
- Craft a workbench of some sort
- Put materials into the workbench and wait
- The workbench will spit out a blueprint of some kind
- You can use the blueprint and some production-assistant node (like a craft table or something) to craft things of a high-level nature (and other materials of course will be necessary)
- Use paper to copy the blueprint and share it
- Use blueprints for higher-level workbenches to find higher-level blueprints, etc. etc.