User:MarkTraceur/Tech tree idea
NakedFury and I are brainstorming about a tech tree mod.
Make crafting more interesting and varied.
Use blueprints (copiable with paper), some kind of research bench (with the capacity to use up resources over time and produce a result once enough have been consumed), and large amounts of resources to progress the technology in the game. You need a blueprint to craft more high-tech things. Maybe use a special craft bench to allow this kind of crafting? (what about factories?)
The crafting method will probably be like so:
- Craft a workbench of some sort
- Put materials into the workbench and wait
- The workbench will spit out a blueprint of some kind
- You can use the blueprint and some production-assistant node (like a craft table or something) to craft things of a high-level nature (and other materials of course will be necessary)
- Use paper to copy the blueprint and share it
- Use blueprints for higher-level workbenches to find higher-level blueprints, etc. etc.
- Maybe in some servers add a general store where you have to buy the blueprints --PilzAdam (talk) 04:37, 29 December 2012 (MSK)
- Binding or grouping blueprints into books and using bookshelf block for storing books.NakedFury
- Blueprints can be written on paper, stone, and wood. They could be done automatically or need tools like chisel for stone and wood and for paper a piece of coal or pencil(crafted from coal and wood).NakedFury
- Crafting would need different stations specific to certain materials or item types, and would need special "crafting tools"(think a chisel or hammer) that would be place in a slot in the station next to its own crafting grid.
- Wood carvings - stone carvings - leather station - anvil and furnace and cooling area - metal stations - research or study stations
- Stations would come in different sizes that you build depending on site of projects, complexity, and how far you have researched that particular crafting station. NakedFury