Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article lists various free software tools which help in development of Minetest and mods for Minetest.
- Development Test: A testing game for testing various engine features
- /minetest/util: Various maintenance utilities
- NodeBoxEditor: Build node boxes by dragging their edges.
- MTS Editor: A program to create, view and edit Minetest schematics, but it supports other file formats (e.g. Minecraft schematics) as well
- Schematic Creator: A Java program to create schematics
- Model Creator: A Java program to create meshes
- RocketLib Toolkit: Lua-based SQLite3 map reader
- luacheck: Lua linter and static code analyser (see also the chapter rubenwardy's modding book)
- busted: Lua unit testing framework (see also the chapter rubenwardy's modding book)
- Minetest Biome Point Visualizer: Edit and visualize biome heat/humidity points in a Voronoi diagram (source code)
- Minetest Formspec Editor: Visual formspec editor
Minetest games and mods
See the Developer Tools tag in ContentDB.
- Minetest Formspec Editor: A great online tool with drag and drop that allows you to import and export formspecs in different versions
- Minetest Translation Tools: Collection of Python scripts to create, update, verify and convert mod translation files (*.tr)
- update_translations: Older version of the translation updater script included in Minetest Translation Tools
- findtext.lua: Create mod translation template (buggy!) (see also)
- updatetext.lua: Update mod translation template (buggy!) (see also)