From Minetest Developer Wiki
minetest.is_area_protected(pos1, pos2, player_name, interval)
Scans a volume using 'is_protected()' on a sparse set of nodes.
- Returns the position of the first node that `player_name` may not modify in the specified cuboid between `pos1` and `pos2`.
- Returns `false` if no protections were found.
- Applies `is_protected()` to a 3D lattice of points in the defined volume.
- The points are spaced evenly throughout the volume and have a spacing similar to, but no larger than, `interval`.
- All corners and edges of the defined volume are checked.
- `interval` defaults to 4.
- `interval` should be carefully chosen and maximised to avoid an excessive number of points being checked.
- Like `minetest.is_protected`, this function may be extended or overridden by mods to provide a faster implementation to check the cuboid for intersections.
|This article is missing examples.
Feel free to add them.