Talk:Lua code style guidelines
Suggestions for this page:
- Multi-line comment style should be specified.
- Why shouldn't DoxyGen be used?
- I like to use something more visual like a line of dashes to separate top-level functions.
- Why are spaces around equals signs in short tables allowed to be omitted? They help readability. -- Agree Est31 (talk) 01:00, 21 April 2015 (MSK)
- I think parenthesis almost always improve readability. Why minimize the amount of them that you use? -- Agree Est31 (talk) 01:00, 21 April 2015 (MSK)
- Definition of what makes a good comment needs to be more specific. -- Agree Est31 (talk) 01:00, 21 April 2015 (MSK)
- I think comparisons should always be to an explicit value. -- I don't get what you want to accomplish with this one. With this, implementing simple things like a sorting algoritm would be very hard. Est31 (talk) 01:00, 21 April 2015 (MSK)
- Suggestions by Sapier. Reworded by ShadowNinja to follow English grammar rules, interpretation may not be exactly correct.
Do we really need these excessive comment rules? I don't care whether they start with a capital letter, or there is a space after the "--". And that they should follow grammar is obvious. --Est31 (talk) 01:00, 21 April 2015 (MSK)