MinetestWiki:Lua API Wiki Documentation Cleanup
The Minetest Developer Wiki is being plagued by a large number of outdated pages, most of which are pending deletion. This page lists information about what needs to be done.
A huge amount of pages about the Lua API are outdated. Most of the content has bee just copied from the official documentation at one day, and were never outdated since then. This is VERY bad, as it gives reader the illusion of official info, when in fact, the fake documentation of the functions on this wiki are NOT official.
For example, the pages about Lua AP functions/methos are the worst. There is a huge amount of pages about functions. Note that ALL of them are considered to be unofficial. So besically, this wiki is a bit in a mess right now.
Ideally, all the offending pages are deleted. And never, mass-copy stuff from lua_api.txt again.
Regarding Lua API documentation, this wiki should merely link to the official documentation, i.e. lua_api.txt.
Prominent pages about the Lua API
- Global Minetest object
- Voxel Manipulator
Cleanup TODO list
- Add the “UnofficialLua” template to pages that include content that is mostly ripped from lua_api.txt.
- Figure out how to mass-delete pages
- Delete all of the offending pages
- Make sure we have highly-visible links to the TRUE documentation
- Remove 4 category links (Methods, Objects, Types, Misc) from the Sidebar. Needs sysop privileges ... :(