Minetest Game development
From Minetest Developer Wiki
(Redirected from minetest game Development)
This page describes how development of Minetest Game is done.
- Ensure balanced gameplay while still adding new and useful items/nodes/etc.
- No changes to the basic concepts (e.g. workbench won't get added)
- No additions that are decided to be too much (e.g. adding homedecor in its entirety)
- Focus on stability and completeness (no half-finished stuff)
- Improve/add API to allow mods to extend the base features (e.g. API for new crops for farming)
Note: To prevent problems with the development like before Minetest Game is maintained by only seven people (sfan5, nore, PilzAdam, ShadowNinja, paramat, sofar, rubenwardy).
- Pulls are never merged with 'git merge', merge them with 'git am' (like in minetest)
- Fixes can be pushed by every maintainer
- History rewrite can only be done within 10 minutes (notify the other maintainers before doing so)
- New features will only go in if 50% of present maintainers (two minimum) agree to the feature
- Heavy game changes (e.g. a workbench) don't go in if one maintainer votes against
- The previous rule also applies to new maintainers
- Official channel for development is #minetest-dev
- Commit messages begin with a capital letter and are in the present tense
- Squash similar commits before pushing
- Notify other maintainers before you push something