A contributor is anyone who has made a pull request that has been merged, or successfully sent a patch to be applied otherwise.
Core developers have special privileges and responsibilities compared to other contributors:
- Can vote for and against merging pull requests (Two for-votes are required for code to be mergeable upstream.)
- Has write access to the Minetest team's repositories on GitHub
Core developers are assigned and unassigned by celeron55, based on these rules:
- Only people who have already contributed to the project can be assigned to be core developers.
- The person themselves or anyone else can propose someone to become or stop being a core developer. Do this by "/msg celeron55 blah blah".
- If a core developer is doing almost nothing but blocking everything that comes their way, they will be unassigned. (celeron55 will accept complaints and will ultimately decide.)
- Core developers, like other contributors, should document and publish their work in a way that allows another contributor to pick up on it if the core developer stops working on the project due to any reason.
Past major changes
2015-11-02: The subsystem maintainer method was officially taken out of use. It had already been unofficially out of use for a long time. See the history of this page for details about how it worked.