From Minetest Developer Wiki
This article lists various free software tools which help in development of Minetest and mods for Minetest.
- /minetest/util: Various maintenance utilities
- NodeBoxEditor: Build node boxes by dragging their edges.
- Schematic Creator: A Java program to create schematics
- Model Creator: A Java program to create meshes
Mods and modpacks
- LuaCmd [luacmd]:
luacmdserver command which allows you to run a single Lua statement
- QA-Block [qa_block]: Adds a Quality Assurance block which you use to run various checker scripts like listing items with missing description (including your own) and browse the global Lua namespace
- L-System Tree Utility [ltool]: Helps you creating L-system trees which you can spawn with minetest.spawn_tree
- Schematic Editor [schemedit]: Advanced tool for creating and placing schematics
- Convert table schematic to .mts [saveschems]: Tool for converting schematics from Lua table format to MTS files
- WorldEdit: Primarily a tool for editing large parts of the world, what's interesting for developers is that it includes a few basic schematic commands (
- List Items [listitems]: Server commands for listing and searching the IDs of registered items and entities
- Inventory Check [inventorycheck]: Investigate the inventory of any player